Monday, October 18, 2010

DOWNLOADING MUSIC.

Yes, I'll admit it.. I do download music illegally, but who doesn't? I know hundreds of people who do it! The way I think about it; why buy a CD that costs up to twelve or fifteen dollars if I only like 2 or 3 songs on there? In the past I was all about "collecting" CD's from artists that I liked, then my mom asked me one day if I even listen to all the songs on all of my CD's, and I don't. Then I found out how to download one specific song that I like, and its way more convenient and of course, saves me money. If I did get caught, no the downloading wouldn't have been worth it because I would have to pay 10 times of what I would have had to pay if I just bought the CD. Times are hard right now, people don't have jobs (like me) and I have a baby on the way, the last thing I wanna do is go out and BUY a CD! I understand that artists need to make money or profit off of their talent, but exactly what do I get in return for buying your CD that only has one or two good songs I actually like in there? Nothing. But if it came down to it, and I got caught, of course I would stop downloading illegally, and I would stop listening to that person too. So it can go both ways. I don't get your music, why bother being a fan, and I know many who would say the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment