Wednesday, December 8, 2010

GUSHERS!


I can remember like it was yesterday, every time I would sit down and watch TV with my parents, the Gushers commercial would always come on, a group of teenagers doing something, somewhere and they happen to have a Gushers pack and each person pops on in their mouth and bam, they're head turns into a fruit! I don't know about other kids, but that always amazed! I mean, who wouldn't want to turn into a fruit head?!

The commercial I chose was the Gushers Mall one. I always thought it was funny when the kids' head would pop into a fruit! At the end of the commercial it would always end with the guy in a deep voice saying "Gushers, taste the blast".

Association: Kids seeing this ad will see teenagers heads turn into fruit heads, they also see that the teenagers are usually having fun somewhere while this is happening.

Bribery: If you buy this product and eat it, your head will pop into whatever fruit gusher you ate.

Humor: When the teenagers ate the gushers on the elevator, their heads popped into fruits then they passed 2 other teenagers who had wild hair color and hairstyle, dressed all crazy and had piercings and tattoos, both groups looks at each other and thought the same of each other.

Plain Folks: They used ordinary kids so that makes other kids think "Hey if that can happen to them then it can happen to me! (more toward younger children)

Repetition: In the beginning of each Gushers ad the same guy says "Every Gushers piece is bursting with fruity juice" and at the end he says "Gushers, taste that blast". It was stuck in my head because every time I went to Cub Foods and pass it, I would quote the guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment